Thursday, February 28, 2008

NBA Poetry: Tracy McGrady's 'Broken

NBA Poetry: Tracy McGrady's 'Broken Wall'
By J.E. Skeets
Wednesday, Feb 27, 2008 4:10 pm EST
Thanks to Wolves' wordsmith Rashad McCants, more and more of today's NBA players are picking up the pen to express themselves through poetry. It's a beautiful thing. And today we showcase one such poem: Tracy McGrady's poignant piece entitled "Broken Wall" ...

I ask you to pull a chair, Wall
Stretch and lighten
and peel away your frustration

Create a window
and walk thru to me

They tell me, Wall
that the rings have blinded you
That a red ring chokes you
while the black ring consumes your soul

They tell me, Wall
that the torch weighs heavy
upon your mighty frame
That your corners ache
not the trembling floor

All they want to demolish us, Wall
I see it, feel it
They take Great pleasure in
cracking our foundation

But one nail can't break us, Wall
One chip can't stop 'chips

We will build you again, Wall
Stronger
But until then I shall hold you
Us

Yes, yes
stress THIS
We will rise again, Wall

No comments: